Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Can the stress of Anatomy cl drive someone insane (literally)?

That sounds a lot like me at university here in Northern Ireland.Only thing I did right was drop out of university. I hated it. I studied hour after hour for it, I didn't fit in with the rest of the rich kids but the thing that drove me on was my big ego! I'd all those dreams of earning a lot of money, having a big house & all that nonsense, but I asked myself a question. Considering I'd still be doing something that is still making miserable, would all that material & monetary wealth make up for how I'm feeling? And the answer was no, it wouldn't. Money cannot buy you happiness or love or even contentment. I have seen it time & time again over the years since I left university. There was even a book written about such a struggle, between personal happiness & material wealth. It was called 'The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari'. I haven't personally read it myself but a friend tells me it's about a very rich man who gives everything money can buy up for peace & contentment & the spiritual life. There is a true saying I've also heard over the years, your health is your wealth. There is not much point having all that money & stuff if you aren't happy within yourself. Money may buy you short term fixes that give you a brief lift, but it doesn't make up for lasting happiness or contentment, which is the true goal in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment